As of 1 August 2020
The current novel corona virus (COVID-19) pandemic and the governmental response thereto have created a new way of doing business. We, like others, want to reduce the spread of the virus, and we are trying to comply with governmentally imposed restrictions. Here are our current policies:
- Reception Desk. Our office reception desk is open for the dropping off and picking up of documents. Everyone is required to wear a makes and to maintain a distance of six feet from other persons. Sanitizing protocols are in place at the office.
- Video Meetings; Telephone Conferences. Video meetings and telephone conferences are encouraged over in-office meetings. This will be true even after all COVID-19 restrictions have been eliminated. Video meetings and telephone conferences eliminate the time and expense of travel, often take less time, and can be done safely when any participant may be contagious with any illness.
- Office Meetings. We discourage scheduling in-office meetings except for the purpose of signing documents. Any in-office meeting will be limited to clients and their professional advisors only. The wearing of masks and social distancing are mandatory. Do not bring young children or pets to the meeting. If a meeting requires more than three participants (besides Mr. Rushforth), please let us know.
- Document Signing. There are three options for a document-signing meeting, but an in-office meeting is preferred. Clients who are ill and who wish to sign documents that require a notary or witnesses should either defer signing the documents or choose another document-signing option. We do not travel out of the office for document signings.
- In-Office Signing. We encourage in-office signing meetings for those who are willing to take the risks of coming to our office. As mentioned above, masks and social distancing are required. For document-execution meetings, only the persons signing documents and the required witnesses and/or notary will be present. One family member, chauffeur, or friend can wait in the reception area, but he or she will not participate in the meeting unless acting as a witness.
- Your Location. We can send you signature-ready documents, and you can sign them at the location of your choice.
- We will provide written document-signing instructions, and it is essential that those instructions be followed precisely.
- We strongly encourage clients who are signing documents out of our office to allow Mr. Rushforth to "participate" in the meeting by video conference (e.g., Zoom) or by phone so as to be available to answer questions and to provide guidance for the proper signing of the documents.
- In such cases, it may be necessary to either provide documents that do not require a notary (which is not always possible), or the clients may need to arrange for a mobile notary.
- Where a notary acknowledgment is optional, we are either eliminating the acknowledgment from our documents or replacing the notary block with a place for two witnesses to sign.
- Remote Document Signing. Nevada law permits remote notarization and the remote signing of trusts and wills. We rarely recommend the remote signing of documents, but it is an option. For more information about remote document execution, click here.
Your comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Domain registered through Rushforth.biz.
**NOTE: Rushforth Firm Ltd. is a Nevada professional limited-liability company. No one employed by Rushforth Firm Ltd. ("the Firm") or its partners is certified as a specialist or expert by the State Bar of Nevada, the Utah State Bar, or any other entity. The information presented on any of the Firm's web sites (including this site and rushforthfirm.info) is general information only and should not be considered as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed by anyone's accessing any web site provided by the Firm. Links to unaffiliated web sites are provided as a courtesy, and no "guarantee" or other assurance is given or implied with respect to the content, products, or services of unaffiliated web sites.